Friday, August 17, 2012

HDMI Switch is now Controllable!

I was recently able to test switch operation using something other than the proprietary app! I used a program called RealTerm, in which I was able to open a com port, read the hex data, and enter the 4 hex bytes I found earlier. Just as I assumed, I was able to toggle the power of the switcher!

If anybody wants to try this themselves, you can simply do it from Realterm like I did, or with an Arduino(a good alternative to those without RS-232 ports on their computers) using this code I put together below, which will toggle the power every 3 seconds.


void setup() 

    Serial.begin(9600);
}
void loop() 
{    
    Serial.write(0x10);    
    Serial.write(0xEF);
    Serial.write(0xD5);
    Serial.write(0x7B);
    delay(3000);


Stay tuned for more...


No comments:

Post a Comment